Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas



One of my favorite Christmas decorations is this framed family Christmas card from 1963. Not only do I love old photographs, it reminds me that there was a time in my life that nothing was expected of me during the holidays!



Because of Rex hurting his back and our trip to meet Emma, we never did get around to putting up the tree or sending out cards this year. And guess what, it still feels like Christmas! We will still be getting together with family and friends and we will see two of our four kids on Christmas. Anna will be telling us whether the baby is a boy or girl and I am looking forward to taking some time off from work and starting the quilting on her baby quilt while watching silly Christmas movies.



I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. And most of all, take time to remember how truly blessed we all are.



Michie'



"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11


2 comments:

dlogan said...

Merry Christmas Michie.......You are so right, to count our blessings reminds one of how little we really need, and it is still Christmas!
Grace and Peace,
Darby Logan

ps. I am thinking a girl?!

Jan M said...

A very Merry Christmas to you! We also have no tree and few decorations, but the spirit and blessings of Christmas are definitely felt. I am actually enjoying a more simple Christmas this year. It may become the new tradition! Thank you for gifting all of us with your designs and inspiration throughout the year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails