Monday, September 19, 2011

A Pink Dress For Emma

First of all, how did our sweet girl get to be 10 months old in such a short time? And how am I going to be able to wait until November to see her again? In my opinion, one of the very best things about our technology age is that grandparents can stay in touch with e-mails and photos. And a special blessing to you young parents who take the time from your crazy day to post to the folks back home!

This is one of the little dresses that I took on my visit in August. The dress is made by pattern #106 and is such a practical and sweet dress for a little one. I used Imperial Batiste fabric so that the dress would need little if any ironing. I was told that I receive HUGE Nana points if things don't need to be ironed and I'm taking this seriously!

The beauty in this dress is the collar details. A tiny bias band is attached with a Bridging (Faggoting) stitch and a Bullion rose adds a little color. Detailed instructions can be found for the Bridging and the Bullion rose in the "Heirloom Embroidery Book."

Michie'

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I LOVE this sweet little dress. I may have to make one like it for a baby gift here in the next month or so!! Gorgeous!!!

Eileen said...

What a sweet heart she is! Love seeing her model her nana mades!

Anna said...

The collar is exquisite. I just love the details!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails