Monday, October 10, 2011

Our Saturday Outing

Just so that you don't think that I would possibly be in sewing on a beautiful fall day, although that was a thought..... Rex and I got up early Saturday morning and drove to Athens State University to the "Old Time Fiddler's Convention." I am embarrassed to say that we had never been before and we are not huge fans of blue grass music, but we are pretty diverse and are suckers for anything that gets us out of the house!

It is a blue grass music competition held on the grounds of the university that Rex happened to graduate from 30 years ago. Besides the competition, as you walk around groups are practicing, and there are plenty of crafts and good food. A disclaimer on the good food. In the above picture you will see a sign for "Fresh Cooked Pork Skins", although Rex and I have lived here our whole lives, we have never had them and have no intention of starting now. What we did have for lunch was chicken and dumplings, turnip greens, pinto beans, corn bread, and sweet tea in the Student Union building. I also conveniently bought a birthday present for my sister-in-law and a birdhouse for me!

I would love to hear of your fall outing!

Michie'

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails