Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Bubble For The Girl

Although I really like little girls in dresses as much as possible, Emma has explained to me (by loud protesting) that bubbles are more practical when you are learning to walk.  Who knew that short little legs could get tangled so fast in a dress!

Lucky for Emma, this bubble made by pattern #115 was hanging in the closet just waiting for someone to grow into it.  The pink print floral print is just right for spring and the bright pink gingham trim adds a pop of color.

I added the gingham band and piping to the collar.  Satin stitched flowers on the collar were quick and a small enough that they did not cause too much of a challenge.



Michie'

6 comments:

Angela Lee said...

It's beautiful, and that is a sweet little girl wearing it!

TerriSue said...

i have always felt the same way about dresses and little girls... well actually big girls too. i don't even own one pair of slacks or jeans. i guess i got my fill of them in high school. when my daughter was small i used the same trick for her that my mother had used for me and her mother for her etc. when they go down to the ground to explore hitch up the loose skirt covering the diaper and just gather it all together with a clothespin. i have clothespin pictures of myself, my daughter, and my granddaughter. then when you pick them up you just pull the clothespin away and the dress falls nicely around them looking ever so sweet. i do like bubbles on babys, boy or girl. they just look all put together and comfy. i must say yours is a beauty as is the angel wearing it.

Eileen said...

Beautiful!! And look at how much hair Miss Emma has!

Carla Fiedler said...

Michie, she is beautiful! The bubble, too!

Janice said...

This bubble is one of the sweetest ones I have ever seen. I love the combination of the floral print and the gingham border on the collar. Are the sweet flowers on the collar embroidered? They seem to mimic the fabric pattern exactly. Sweet bubble, sweet baby.

Anna said...

Oh how I adore this look. The gingham and floral looks beautiful together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails