Monday, February 16, 2015

Spring Sewing For My Granddaughter


Spring will be here before we know it, so it is time to get busy smocking and sewing for my four-year-old granddaughter.  The bishop style dresses are still very sweet on her and the green gingham will give the dress a fresh look.  Ellen McCarn's  "Precious Bunnies" is one of my long time favorite smocking designs and with a few adjustments will work well.  To adapt the smocking design to the bishop style dress, I will only smock three bunnies on the center front of the dress and change the bottom row of smocking to a suitable trellis stitch.  Not only will this allow for the smocked pleats to spread out as needed, but I also like the idea of smocking three bunnies instead of a bunch!  I'll be sharing more photos of the dress this week as it progresses.  

* A special note to Grandma's and Nana's-  When sewing for the grandchildren, I refer to what would obviously be an Easter outfit as a "Spring" outfit.  This gives Mommy the freedom to pick out something herself without worrying about offending me.  It is my goal to respect Mommy by letting her choose HER child's wardrobe.

Michie'

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails